Red Balloon (IF "transportation")


Some of you might have seen this illustration over at society 6 or even on my portfolio site already. Nevertheless, as it so much fits this weeks prompt I thought I also post it on my blog. It is again a piece I did for self-promotional material. I just recently received the postcards and businesscards from the printers and am very satisfied with the outcome. So now I will have to send them to publishers. Still a lot of work ahead with sorting through adresses and creating a mailinglist.


I really fancy a ballon ride even though those two have some trouble with keeping their mail in place due to some wind as it seems. But there is something really fascinating about it. I think it is because you can feel the wind on your face when taking off with a ballon and you can indeed see your environment from a completely different perspective, just like a bird. There is something romantic to it, not in this illustration though, but in my imagination.
So I hope you enjoy it! Let your imagination take you somewhere wonderful!

20 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Maria. I love the color - love everything about it! Perfect for the prompt. The mailers look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colours, in this work and in all of them! Also the atmospheres you create, they are so rich and inspiring. Good luck with your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woonnnnnnderful piece! super movement, it's even in your titled border. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ballon ride! once you try u never forget it.
    Very very nice illustration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo... those are really beautiful and professional looking promo items, Maria! And the illo is just wonderful! If I were a publisher, I would pick you out instantly, of course.... Well, I wish you good luck! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful illo, Maria!I just simply love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. Good luck with your mailing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design. Love how you break the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful, the mailers look great too, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous illustration! The colours and lighting are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted to go up in a balloon... now (after your illustration and words) I REALLY want to. Great promo piece and perfect for the theme this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow this is amazing - your work is beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH! Gorgeous! A fantastic illustration...truly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maria, I am so in love with your illustrations! My goodness, they are gorgeous. There is something so classic in your images. Beautiful rendering of the pillows of air in the balloons. And the sun rays are wonderful! Pure magic. I'd love to go up in a balloon one day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...