The Dragon (IF "cultivate")


This fellow certainly needs to cultivate his manners a bit. Gladly he just finished his meal and some of the animals are spared a rather tragic end.
This one was intended as a sample for a picture book I do with my friend Jennifer Poulter. I will have to do it again though, as the dragon will be in a different location. So back to my watercolours for a new illustration.

Bologna is getting nearer and I am getting more excited every day. I am still preparing things, putting together my portfolio and getting some postcards printed. Well, I will let you know what it was like. Just another week and I am off to italy.

16 comments:

  1. Poor little sheep! Lovely illustration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice - love the sky and the running little sheep! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow love this piece , the style the colour scheme, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great mood-a little menacing but not too scary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic. Is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your work is really beautiful, this piece is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a really beautiful illustration! you are very talented with watercolours!!! I love the whole feel and mood in the illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, frightening the way he devoured the poor little thing. He has beautiful coloring, though, and the sky is gorgeous. Run, little lamb, run!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol! I love it! Have a great time and make sure you come back ready to blog about it with lots of pixs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much!

    @INDIEGENE: I'll do my best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cultivate manners - very good. Love the illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love dragons :) I hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great illustration Maria. The characters along with the dark background gives it such a great atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on the night time scene.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great atmosphere in this illo - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...