Mouse and Squirrel - Christmas Greeting Cards

I thought it'd be nice to post some Christmas themed greeting card illustrations I recently did for my agency. For the following seasonal weekends, I'll be posting those cards for you and hope they add to your festive mood. They surely do so for me, but I love Christmas anyway.
When joining the my new agency I told them, that I also wanted to do some licensed art, and as they have a whole "unit" just dealing with this, I got a brief and then was very free to take my chance. After some thinking about which characters to go for, I ended up with the idea of a mouse and a squirrel. I wanted them to be cute and set in a white wintery scenery with some birds and snow to add more movement.
The illustrations are digital but I have some traditional and mixed media ones up my sleeve. So stay tuned and I hope you enjoy!





15 comments:

  1. Oh so cute!!!!! I will definitely stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is so sweet. I love the use of colours very much and the characters are very cool. (If I could say a thing about it, I personally think it would be even stronger without the little elements on the right corner. But perhaps that's just me *^__^*)
    I hope you don't mind me saying it. But it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Miriam, and I don't mind you telling me! Happy you like the characters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes yes yes, these definitely get me in the festive mood! Absolutely adorable! And I love the cute little birdies with their winter caps. And the lights and ornaments are fantastic!

    Your Pippi illustrations are wonderful! They will look GREAT on a mailer! Get ready to get inundated with commissions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet!! I really like the bark of the trees in the back...and the birds wearing santa's hats is a really nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much Bella and Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I like the little ornaments in the corner. Also really like the pattern in the sky too. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely!! I don't know how you do this digitally, which program do you use for this kind of work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Linda and Pia!

    @Pia: I work with Photoshop, when working digitally but always do a pencil sketch beforehand and scan it in as reference and layout of my illustration. I usually end up with a file consisting of a monstrous amount of layers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are charming. I love your colour choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work Maria.... Congratulations with joining Bright agency.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much Hannah and Melissa!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...