Stork and Robins - Greeting Cards and more

I've just returned from London where I attended the Christmas Party of my agency and met all of the lovely Bright team aswell as some of the wonderful illustrators they represent such as Daniela Dogliani and Benji Davies and many many more (shame one of them doesn't have a blog, I would have liked to share a link! You know who you are ;-)). It was really nice to actually get to meet the people behind the art.
I also met Sandra Dieckmann for a cup of coffee and hot chocolate which was extremely nice, as I've kind of known her via twitter and blogger for I think almost a year now. She is such a lovely person and in case you don't know her, I highly recommend visiting her blog as she truly is an illustrator extraordinaire!

I promised you I'd be posting some more of my greeting cards artwork, so here you go. And as mentioned before they all differ a little in style. The ones below are mixed media with traditional ink and digital colouring. I really like the kind of clean and delicate look it gives the illustrations. And in case you wonder what a stork has to do with Christmas, not much really, I am afraid. But I thought it kind of funny to let a stork bring the birds presents for Christmas because they surely would have no clue what to do with a human baby ;-).  Have a lovely weekend everyone!






10 comments:

  1. Seems like you have a great time in London! Quite jealous right now! ;)

    Lovely illustrations again Maria!

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marloes and no need to be jealous! Still hoping to meet you in Bologna next year!!! Happy holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that you have created a "Christmas Stork." Seems fitting, somehow. Your card art is great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Elizabeth! Glad you like my "Christmas Stork" :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas Stork? Why not?! They are the couriers of the aviary world, after all. Sending a gift through a stork is known as Christmas Storking, which was later confused by humans as Christmas stocking, which is why we hang stockings today. What? You didn't know? :)

    Beautiful cards! I really love the ink work on the roofs and chimneys too.

    So glad to hear you had a wonderful trip to London!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable and nicely done! It was hard to decide but I think I like the second one best. It's the adorable little bluebird holding the package, and the kindly look on the stork. Both drawings are so cute! I love ink and you've got a great style. (Also, terribly jealous of your London trip!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Bella: Oh thank you, Bella! I knew I wasn't too wrong about my stork but your story is just lovely!!!

    @Cindy: Thank you Cindy! Very happy you like my cards! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards would be great to send out to my friends who are pregnant. They may just share the stork delivery story with their babies once they are born! These are so cute and colorful. I love them!

    Cherri Wookines

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...