Pattern for Bold Fabric - Learning new Things

At the moment I am taking an e-class with Lilla Rogers, which concentrates on art licensing and gives a really great overview of many different markets. Week 1 of this really amazing course went by so quickly and I honestly had a blast designing patterns for our assignment. I learned a lot about how to make a bolt fabric collection and enjoyed experimenting so much.
My two designs, of which we were only to submit one in the end, are very different in look and feel. It was extremely hard to decide which one to submit to Lilla for review. I am still not sure whether I picked the right one. But here are my designs so you can have a peak and can decide which your favourite pattern of the two might have been.


The topic of the patterns was kitchen and we had to include mushrooms and casseroles. Lilla encouraged us with a special exercise to loosen up our styles and push boundaries, something I think we all need to do from time to time to grow as artists but tend to forget or maybe even purposefully push aside. I am already looking forward to this weeks assignment and taking an "artistically adventurous dip" into home decor. More to come next week!
Would love to hear which design you prefer and why?

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous. I was just watching the movie 'Flight' w/Denzel Washington last night and realized I am a fabric geek when I noticed the kitchen door curtain was so cool I wanted to rewind! Yeah, I was probably not in movie-night mode!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) that is funny indeed, Julie. Now I have to go check the movie to see that pattern!

      Delete
  2. That's weird. I thought I left a comment, but obviously it didn't go through.
    Maria your designs are all beautiful. My favorite was the top one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-), probably a blogger bug! But thank you so much, Tracy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...