A Shout Out for my Tote Bag Design for GTS 2013

As you already know from my previous post I am participating in the Lilla Rogers Global Talent Search, short GTS. Today marks an exciting day in this competition as from the 50 semi-finalists one will be chosen by public voting (voting is open from 3rd - 9th September 2013) into the final round. The other five finalists will be chosen by a jury.

I really really want to make it to the next round! Of course I do! This is a dream opportunity for me and I cannot even imagine where winning this competition could take me. Even if I don't make it, which surely is something I have to really embrace too, this whole experience has taught me so much about art making and served as a wonderful momentum to create art and not just for the competition itself.

For the second round of GTS we were assigned a brief to create artwork for an Autumn themed tote bag with topics to touch themes such as apple picking, autumn flowers, pumpkins and so on. We were encouraged to also include characters and some hand-lettering. I brewed days and days over my design until I came up with an idea and sketch that felt right pursuing. So here is my entry to the second round of GTS for you!



My stomach feels like a thousand butterflies going crazy right now. I need all your support!!!! So please, if you have a spare minute pop over to the public voting gallery and if you put in your vote for me you would make me so very happy!!! And maybe even help spread the word ;-)!!!!
THANK YOU!

8 comments:

  1. Good Luck Maria!! It's a great design! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miriam! Yours is breathtakingly beautiful too!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Maria! And it is so distinctly you with the children in it and the way you drew them. Very nice. Off to vote for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria,
    Love your design. I voted. Hope you win. :-)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tracy!!! Although it looks like I don't stand a chance at the moment ... too many talented people involved in this :-), but good I've got that far in the contest!

      Delete
    2. Don't underestimate your talent. You are a gifted artist. :-)

      Delete
    3. Aww, thank you, Tracy, you made my day! xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...