A Thank You To You All ... let's paint

You cannot always win in life, but even though this is the case, a "defeat" in whatever way it crosses your way should never make you feel bad or discourage you. This is a lesson I learned ages ago and to tell you the truth I dearly heart it and embrace it. And it really works for me. Even better, a rejection or losing something like a competition fuels me to try even harder, to give even more.

Yesterday I learned that I did not make it to the final round of GTS and I am really fine with it. Some of the finalists are people I have got to know a little through the internet and I am so happy they made it! What I did, when I learned the news was start a painting :-). Yes, I really did and I even pushed myself to work in a way I would never do for my book commissions, but which might turn out great to have for my Art Licensing portfolio. Because one thing I know for sure, I want to build my Art Licensing portfolio until I feel confident to submit it to an agent. So off to the brushes I am happily painting away and exploring new creative ventures!

But before I rush off to my drawing table I want to say thank you to all of you who voted for me and even spread the word for me! Thank you, this means a lot to me and I hope to be able to return that support one day!

So here is the painting I did along with some process pics. Just not too many, sorry I forgot taking pictures when I was having fun with it :-) ...





8 comments:

  1. WOW! I love those colors!!! I'd hang that up in my house. :) But even better is your attitude about seeing others win and letting a "loss" spur you on to greater and more challenging creativity. What a message for us all! May I take each rejection as a challenge to do the next thing even better. Thanks for the reminder, Maria. (Even though I still want a bag :) hee hee. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) glad you like the art and enjoy my ramblings. Maybe one day this bag gets made, who knows, then I will certainly keep one for you! xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Maria,

    This is really pretty and sooo different from what you normal do. It seems like it was a great outlet for you.
    I also want to build my portfolio. We got so inspired lately huh? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did, Miriam! Can't wait to see your new work! And thank you for your kind words! xo

      Delete
  3. Hi Maria,
    You may not have won, but I think your art is delightful, beautiful, terrific and awesome. And I'm sure the people you connected with will open up doors for you. :-)
    Love the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is beautiful! Your words of courage and the painting. Somehow I still recognize your style in the painting, maybe it is from the choice of colors?
    You know that I am a huge fan of your work and I am simply sure that you will do great in art licensing one day <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pia! Funny that you still see my style in this painting but I think this is a good thing. Wasn't sure if it was still there, so thank you for pointing it out! And thanks for your encouraging words!!! xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...