This time of year - Wishes and More

It is just a little less than a week before Christmas and well, a little over two weeks before 2013 ends and a new year starts with new adventures and things to tackle.

This has been a wonderful year for me, business and most of all family-vise. I am grateful for what I have and where I am in my life. I've met many wonderful people that inspired me and also helped shape ideas of new ventures to dive into, if on purpose or mere accident.
I wish many things for the next year, but just wishing for them won't make them true. So I am ready and motivated to go after those dreams of mine and make them come true. Maybe not right tomorrow or the day after. I will take one step at a time and make it a steady journey. Because a journey it is and an exciting one each and everyday too. But what is a journey without a map? I wouldn't know where I am going if I didn't take the time to at least dream up where I want to be. And wouldn't it maybe even be better to have a teeny tiny plan? Not saying you can plan life in all it's details, but surely the milestones you want to reach.

So my homework over the festive days will be to sit down and make a plan or map of that journey. Where do I want to be in a month, five months, a years time from now? What are the things I can go after easily and which are the long term goals, which require more time and maybe even learning new skills? How do I want to grow and support others around me making their dreams come true too?
I am the captain of this ship called "my life" and I'd like to at least know where I am headed, a little bit, if you don't mind. And I will look forward to all the surprises and obstacles that might come into my way. It will be exciting and fun to master them and see what else life holds ready to experience, learn and enjoy.

I wish you all a wonderful festive season and a wonderful start to the new year! Maybe you are ready to plan out your journey too! Ahoi, fellow "life-traveler"! See you next year!





8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have had a successful 2013 and wish you all the best with planning and succeeding with your goals for 2014 and beyond.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue! Merry Christmas and wishing you a wonderful 2014 too!

      Delete
  2. Inspiring! Thanks for this blog. Remember how I was telling you guys about The Artist's Way ? It's a wonderful, big, self-exploring activity book to keep your creativity alive. Well, one of the exercises is a map, but not a regular, linear map - instead it's a treasure map! You draw the map. I've done it many times and each time it's so helpful, it shows me so many things ruling my subconscious. You can draw it in many ways, but the way I did it was to draw a picture of how I feel my life is right now - usually something negative - like once I drew a swamp, another time I drew a swirl of too many things - I draw this on one corner of my big treasure map paper. Then I just let my subconscious creatively think of a way out of that negative image, so when I drew the swamp - then I looked at it for a while and unexpectedly, I drew a boat and the boat took me out of the swamp - and so on, drawing whatever comes to mind next on my treasure map journey and along the way were many treasures. It's kind of an amazing experience to do this map!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gabrielle! This sounds like a wonderful exercise I need to try for myself one day, especially when feeling stuck! Have a merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Happy Holidays, Maria! Good luck with your plan and all your endeavors in the new year.
    I love your card-- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dana! Happy Holidays and all the best for 2014 to you too!

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas, Maria! Love this blog post and your sweet spirit of generosity and kindness... that your wish is not just for your own achievements, but for ways you can help others reach their dreams too. I love that about you! Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Marcy! A very merry Christmas to you and your family! And I am eager to see where the new year will lead you in your endeavors!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...